Boys

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

3 years

Thats right, three years of wedded bliss. I feel like so much has happened in those three years that it has to be more like five or six because we couldn't possibly squeeze everything into just three.  Joel graduated from flight school, we got married, moved to california, , bought our first house,went through our first deployment and had our first baby.I think of these three years, he has been home for half of that. This year Joel is of course not home (we are 1/3 on him being home for this day), but he made sure I knew he was thinking of me. He sent me pink chocolate covered strawberries, a huge teddy bear (that Andrew loves!) and red roses, but best of all he wrote the sweetest note to me. Marriage is not easy. My parents made it look easy, so I have had to readjust my expectation, not in a bad way, but in a we are getting to know each other and what we need way. We are a work in progress. We are not perfect, and of course have had our ups and downs. As my love said in his note to me, I too would do it all again. He is my protector and my confidant. I am so proud of his accomplishments. I hope my Andrew gets his brains because he is so smart. :) Mormons get married quickly, so I think we have to figure things out in the first few years of marriage, what most figure out in the first few years of dating but I wouldn't change a thing. He is the only one who will ever know everything about me, and I wouldn't trade that for anything.

So heres to many more years with you my love; I want to be in like with you forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment